I got my braces treatment done before 12 years, as my teeth in the upper jaw were outwards than lower ones. Doctor put braces on my upper jaw as the problem was in the upper jaw teeth. But after two to three years teeth starting shifting and now I have developed spaces between teeth randomly and in between front two teeth as well. Need advice that whether again getting braces treatment would fix the problem or not? And what could be the possible reason behind this problem?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
The reason for relapse are many,
1. Dietary habits, eating hard food, putting much pressure on teeth.
2. Not using retainers up to the suggested time.
3. Internal factors such as lower teeth or jaw alignment which might be interfering with upper jaw alignment.
4. Other habits such as tongue thrusting or mouth breathing if any you have, and wrong brushing techniques.
5. I would suggest you go to some other orthodontist, as you are not satisfied with the earlier one, an OPG will be taken, kindly reply me back with the same. We can then further discuss the treatment plan.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
I did not get a retainer for teeth ... The reason, as you are already aware of, is because of not using the retainers ... Read fullGood and Bad Regarding Orthodontic Treatment
Presently we are witnessing numerous patients who after completing the treatment complain of periodontitis (gum problem in which loosening of teeth occurs), spacing between teeth, non-vital ... Read fullWill my teeth move a lot if I do not wear retainers for a week?
I am worried that my teeth will move before I get an appointment next week ... I have a mold of my top and bottom teeth from when I first got my braces removed but I had to change my retainers af... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dentist Now