I got my braces treatment done before 12 years, as my teeth in the upper jaw were outwards than lower ones. Doctor put braces on my upper jaw as the problem was in the upper jaw teeth. But after two to three years teeth starting shifting and now I have developed spaces between teeth randomly and in between front two teeth as well. Need advice that whether again getting braces treatment would fix the problem or not? And what could be the possible reason behind this problem?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
The reason for relapse are many,
1. Dietary habits, eating hard food, putting much pressure on teeth.
2. Not using retainers up to the suggested time.
3. Internal factors such as lower teeth or jaw alignment which might be interfering with upper jaw alignment.
4. Other habits such as tongue thrusting or mouth breathing if any you have, and wrong brushing techniques.
5. I would suggest you go to some other orthodontist, as you are not satisfied with the earlier one, an OPG will be taken, kindly reply me back with the same. We can then further discuss the treatment plan.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, I am currently having Damon braces for almost a year. I have attached a picture. What do you think about my teeth position, especially, my canine? I think it looks weird. What should be done by my dentist to make it look right? Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, Can I use Crest whitening strips if I have a permanent retainer? Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I got braces off five years ago and hardly wore my retainer. I have a permanent retainer on two of my front teeth. Now, I have horrible overjet, spacing between canines and two front teeth and crowding on the bottom. Will I need braces? Or can I get Invisalign or even a better retainer? T... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dentist Now