Mosquito Repellants

Can frequent cold and cough in a baby attributed to the usage mosquito repellants?

Query: Hello doctor, I was using a plug-in mosquito repellants for my baby for long, and she often gets cough and cold. Is it because of that? What shall I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mosquito repellent liquids can cause allergic cold, and cough in some kids. I cannot say definitely if that is the cause of cold and cough in your kid. But in this season, many kids are suffering from viral respiratory tract infections. So the cause may be a viral in...  Read Full »

Can chikungunya spread through cold?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 45 years old. She suffers from chikungunya. She got this problem due to cold. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumaiya Jamil

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chikungunya is caused due to chikungunya virus, and it spreads through the mosquitoes. It is not caused due to cold. You can have better prevention by having a mosquito control. Mosquito control focusses on eliminating the standing water where mosquitoes lay eggs, and i...  Read Full »

Is it safe for my child to travel if she just recovered from dengue?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9 year old daughter suffered from dengue. Her platelet count is 1,95,000. We are going for a family function away from our home town. The journey is about nine hours by train. She does not have a fever or any other symptoms. Is she fit to travel?  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get her examined thoroughly from the treating doctor before proceeding with the journey. Make sure you carry all the important and necessary medications with you while traveling. Do not give her any outside food. Protect and prevent her from cross infections...  Read Full »

My son sprayed mosquito repellant close to his eyes. Will this cause any impact?

Query: Hi doctor, My son pressed a herbal mosquito repellant spray close to his eyes. I am not sure whether the liquid directly sprayed into his eyes. We immediately washed his eyes and nose as he complained about a burning sensation. But soon it was over, he can see things and recognize colors. Will this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Give a thorough wash with clean water for at least half an hour. If there is any burning or redness or pain or excessive watering, please do visit an ophthalmologist immediately. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icl...  Read Full »

What can be done to reduce scars due to mosquito bites?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8 year old daughter reacts badly to mosquito bites. We try to keep her covered and give antihistamine if she reacts badly and is scratching the bites. But, she scratches them, and they form scars that leave dark marks/scars on her face and body. What can we do to reduce the scarrin...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reason why your daughter scratches herself so badly is that her skin is extremely dry. Keep it well moisturized by applying petroleum jelly two times a day. You can also apply a mixture...  Read Full »

How to protect my newborn from mosquito bites?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a newborn baby girl at home. What mosquito repellent can I use for her? Can I use camphor at home? Will placing camphor pieces at the corners of the home harm the inhalation of the baby?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not use camphor or any such agent on the baby. It can cause a nauseating sensation to the child since the child is very small. You can keep the child in a mosquito net in order to avoid the child from getting bitten by the mosquitos. For further queries consu...  Read Full »

What are the preventive measures of elephantiasis?

Query: Hi doctor, Two of my neighbors are infected with elephantiasis. I am afraid as mosquitos are frequent in our area. Please suggest me the measures of prevention.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Filariasis is transmitted by culex mosquito. So, I appreciate your knowledge that you know filariasis transmitted by mosquito bite. The most efficient first step for prevention is to avoid mosquito bites by using personal protection measures. Use skin cream available fo...  Read Full »