Muscle Imbalance

Why do I get dizziness while lying on the left side in particular with migraine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have dizziness and imbalance. It starts when I got tonsilitis and prescribed with Levofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for seven days. At the sixth day, I felt migraine and spinning with dizziness especially when lying on the left side. It is there for more than ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the symptoms you have, there is a possibility of a condition called BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). In this condition, there is displacememt of the calcium carbonate crystals present in the inner ear causing hyperfiring signals to your brain and the...  Read Full »

I feel I have some imbalance in the hips. Kindly advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed the other day that when I stand straight against a wall, with my ankles, butt, shoulders and head touching the wall, I am unable to touch my left calf (and back of the knee) to the wall, whereas my right calf and back of the knee easily extend to the wall. Furthermore when I s...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about imbalance in muscles, as you have mentioned your age is 21 only, see at this problem happens indicates you are very sedentary person. You need to improve your lifestyle first. Second that your calf and hamstring muscles which are par...  Read Full »

Are muscle spasm, fibromyalgia, and body imbalance signs of lupus disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have muscle spasms, headaches, severe fibromyalgia, burning, and stabbing sensation throughout my whole body with imbalance problems. I had these problems for several years. Few years back, I had whiplash. Rheumatologist is checking for possible signs of lupus and other illnesses an...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your problem is muscle spasms, headache, severe fibromyalgia, burning, and stabbing sensation throughout the whole body with balance problems. According to your investigation report (attachment removed to pr...  Read Full »

I have facial asymmetry after nose fracture. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke my nose in kindergarten, I am 26 right now and just now realized how my facial features are not symmetrical, how much does a broken nose affect that, as you can tell my right side of my face is more laid back and natural looking even my mustache above my lip, and my left side ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Definitely there is a whole lot of asymmetry as you suggested, because of the old broken nose. I can also see that the base of the nose is a bit too broad and gives a feeling of oddly joined fractured segments. This can be confirmed by few X-rays. Further correction if ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for bone pain in lower back and occasional bouts of imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I want a consult for my mother. She is 60 years old and complaining of pain in the bones and back specifically lower back and feeling the presence of bone air as if it breaks. She also feels bouts of imbalance, while sitting, standing or even walking. She did an analysis and has a lac...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, regarding her back pain, it is probably a spinal problem. Backache may be simply muscular, but considering her age, I would keep spinal cause as a first possibility. In spinal causes, it is probably related to compression of nerves, which would cause pain an...  Read Full »

My wrists crack and make crunching sounds. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My wrists crack and make a crunching sound when I move them around in circular motions. I had a trauma to the wrist before two years. Now, I get pain shooting through the wrist. Is this normal or what is the problem? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to have more details on the pain in the wrist and have you ever had any fall recently. The cracking sound is due to an imbalance of musculature resulting in bone on bone rubbing and pain could be (depends on the underlying pathology) from cartilage erosi...  Read Full »

My muscles tend to get knotted more often. Can scoliosis cause such problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 25-year-old female. I have scoliosis and my curve is around 25 degrees. I would truly appreciate if you can answer my queries. Can my scoliosis get worse over time?My right muscles tend to get knotted more often than my left muscles. Can scoliosis cause such problems?Can exercise be...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.As you have achieved skeletal maturity and now have stopped growing with your curve only 25 degrees then the spontaneous increase in the curve is highly unusual. You will have to, however, monitor the curve. Scoliosis leads to muscle and structural imbalances and getting...  Read Full »