Muscle Imbalance

What is the reason for bone pain in lower back and occasional bouts of imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I want a consult for my mother. She is 60 years old and complaining of pain in the bones and back specifically lower back and feeling the presence of bone air as if it breaks. She also feels bouts of imbalance, while sitting, standing or even walking. She did an analysis and has a lac...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, regarding her back pain, it is probably a spinal problem. Backache may be simply muscular, but considering her age, I would keep spinal cause as a first possibility. In spinal causes, it is probably related to compression of nerves, which would cause pain an...  Read Full »

My wrists crack and make crunching sounds. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My wrists crack and make a crunching sound when I move them around in circular motions. I had a trauma to the wrist before two years. Now, I get pain shooting through the wrist. Is this normal or what is the problem? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to have more details on the pain in the wrist and have you ever had any fall recently. The cracking sound is due to an imbalance of musculature resulting in bone on bone rubbing and pain could be (depends on the underlying pathology) from cartilage erosi...  Read Full »

My muscles tend to get knotted more often. Can scoliosis cause such problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 25-year-old female. I have scoliosis and my curve is around 25 degrees. I would truly appreciate if you can answer my queries. Can my scoliosis get worse over time?My right muscles tend to get knotted more often than my left muscles. Can scoliosis cause such problems?Can exercise be...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.As you have achieved skeletal maturity and now have stopped growing with your curve only 25 degrees then the spontaneous increase in the curve is highly unusual. You will have to, however, monitor the curve. Scoliosis leads to muscle and structural imbalances and getting...  Read Full »