Q. Why am I having a longstanding problem with muscle twitches?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I have been experiencing muscle twitches for the past seven years. They can be located anywhere in my body and last a few minutes to a month on and off. I am an active person, going to the gym three to four days per week. My most recent bout has been on the side of my hard and seemed to happen after playing some video games with my son. I have mentioned these many times to my general doctor and he told me not to be concerned. When should a person be concerned regarding muscle twitching?

#

As you said your active lifestyle could be one of the reason, simple dehydration can cause muscle twitching.

I would recommend you to maintain good hydration and diet.

Relax and stay calm.

Have a check on coffee, alcohol, and smoking.

If you are taking any supplements they can also be a reason for twitching.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|