Q. Why am I having a longstanding problem with muscle twitches?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Published on Jan 21, 2018

I have been experiencing muscle twitches for the past seven years. They can be located anywhere in my body and last a few minutes to a month on and off. I am an active person, going to the gym three to four days per week. My most recent bout has been on the side of my hard and seemed to happen after playing some video games with my son. I have mentioned these many times to my general doctor and he told me not to be concerned. When should a person be concerned regarding muscle twitching?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

As you said your active lifestyle could be one of the reason, simple dehydration can cause muscle twitching.

I would recommend you to maintain good hydration and diet.

Relax and stay calm.

Have a check on coffee, alcohol, and smoking.

If you are taking any supplements they can also be a reason for twitching.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

Is there any surgery to fix Osgood-Schlatter disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have Osgood-Schlatter in both knees and have had it for three years now. Should it be healed by now? Is there anything you can do to fix it by surgery? My knee is not stable and giving way. I have been to more than 20 physio appointments for my knees to strengthen the muscles around, bu...  Read Full »

I have numbing, tingling, and muscle twitching. What might help me?

Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I developed what I thought was a pinched nerve in my neck. I had numbing and tingling in my left arm and my hand would go numb while sleeping. However, over the next couple weeks the numbing, tingling, moved to my right arm then my legs and feet to include muscle tw...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now