Q. How can I get rid of discomfort in my back?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I have been experiencing discomfort in my back. Sometimes, I would feel uncomfortable or heavy in my upper and lower back. There is also an extremely loud noise of bones rubbing together. It makes me think that this may be the reason for my poor posture. I find myself slouching all the time as my back feels kind of heavy. What can I do to get rid of this discomfort?

#

In my opinion, the pain could also be due to muscular imbalance. As you said, it could be primarily due to bad posture. So improving posture can help you regain normal balance and get rid of pain and discomfort.

I suggest you kindly do strengthening exercises for your upper back and neck, core stability, stretches like cobra stretch and hip flexors will help to achieve your goal faster.

Until then keep icing your back. Keep stretching chest muscles, cobra stretch and hip mobility exercises.

There are a variety of hip mobility exercises available like the fire hydrant, piriformis stretch, hip IR (internal rotation) stretch, etc.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|