Q. I have dull, persistent aches and pain in abdomen. Is it due to dance practice?

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Last reviewed at: Aug 22, 2018

I am a 21-year-old female, 1.75 m and 70 kg. For the past two to three months, I have been under quite a lot of stress due to an ongoing internship and various school commitments. I am experiencing dull, persistent aches and pains (at times these are sharp pains) on my right abdomen, and I am suspecting it is related to my womb or uterus. I also have sharp and dull pains along my backbone. I have been deferring a visit to the doctor as I had dismissed it earlier thinking that it was due to my frequent dance practices (three times a week). However, after many online searches and having a paranoid mind that causes me to overthink, I ran out of options except to seek for your professional advice online before seeking the help from a physical venue. Could you kindly help diagnose my ailments?

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

#

According to your complaints, it seems you may be suffering from muscular pain if your pain is not related to any signs like change in bowel habits or related to any abnormality in periods or menstruation or any kind of change in stool or urine and any other associated symptom like nausea or vomiting or relief of pain after bowel movement.

If any of the above is present and/or if your pain does not subside in two days or if it recurs anytime again, please get yourself examined by a surgeon.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Could RLQ pain be chronic appendicitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 15 year old female and have been having RLQ pain for nearly five months. I am physically fit. I do exercise at least six days a week and eat quite healthy. I have a sharp stabbing pain at McBurney's point. I also feel immense pressure at my RLQ like someone is sitting on my stomach...  Read Full >>

Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading your well presented history, I think the following are the possibilities. Chronic appendicitis. There may be high possibility of RLQ muscular pain (right lower quadrant) - as you do regular workouts. Acid peptic disease.  Read Full

Can a wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Can a possible wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain? My tooth hurts on the same side as neck and arm.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not possible. It may cause some throat pain but not arm pain. Maybe you have muscular pain. Just take rest and if your wisdom tooth is not in good condition then it is better to get it removed because it has no use in real world. And if you have any neck stretc...  Read Full

I have pain in ribs and breathing problems. Is it a sign of lung cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, For past four weeks, I have pain in my ribs. Also, I am experiencing breathing problems. It feels like something has stuck in the heart. For, a few days pain has been decreased. But breathing problem persists. I am also experiencing pain in my lower back. The pain is massive at night tim...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such symptoms are seen in the following conditions: 1. Heart diseases. 2. Pneumonia or Pleural Effusion. 3. Acidity or muscular pain. Now to be on the safer side, I would recommend you to get a Chest x-ray and ECG done. Based on the reports, we would discuss the tre...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now