Q. I have sharp pain in my ribs when I am breathing. How can I get relieved?

Answered by Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Rib Pain or Breathing Problems? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

While working out today, I was doing a shoulder press. I was doing it too fast, and at one point, I got a sharp pain in my back, near where my ribs meet my spine. Since then, I am also having very sharp pain when inhaling and exhaling, as well as when rotating my torso or neck. Should I need to go for urgent care? Currently, I am taking Zyrtec, Amino acid supplements for energy and muscle recovery, hormonal IUD.