Q. Can a wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain?

Dr. Purva Jingar
Published on Sep 08, 2018

Can a possible wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain? My tooth hurts on the same side as neck and arm.

#

It is not possible. It may cause some throat pain but not arm pain. Maybe you have muscular pain. Just take rest and if your wisdom tooth is not in good condition then it is better to get it removed because it has no use in real world. And if you have any neck stretch then just apply warm water bag and see if there is any change. You can try mouth rinse of salt and lukewarm water for good results.

For more information consult a dentist onlline --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?

Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cavities or tooth decay is chronic infections that spread further at a slow rate in most cases. The other thing to consider is any pain or associated symptoms with the cavities, which are indicative of active acute infection that has already spread deeper. So, if the cavi...  Read Full

How to check if the blood circulation to the head and neck is fine?

Query: Hi doctor, A physiotherapist did some manipulation with my neck and since then when I fall asleep at night, my arms, hands, upper back (area just below the neck) and brain feels weird as if blood supply is cut. This happens several times during the night while I am sleeping and these symptoms go aw...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain and numbness in your upper limbs after manipulation was done by a physical therapist. You have also mentioned both upper limb involvement which is actually a surprise because normal spinal manipulations should not actually lead to this especia...  Read Full