Nasal Septal Cartilage Fracture

Is nasal bone or septal fracture without any pain of serious concern?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister-in-law fell from the bike and got injured. After consulting a small clinic, they asked us to take a CT scan, and it is mentioned as nasal bone fracture and nasal septal fracture in the CT scan report. Can you please advise if medical attention is required or cure itself as ther...  Read Full »

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I want to ask few questions to get more details of your query. Is there is any obvious external nasal deformity post-trauma? If the answer is yes, and if there is a gross nasal deformity, it will require proper surgical correction only for cosmeti...  Read Full »

I noticed blood in my dad's nose after a fall. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad met with a fall in the bathroom today and bled from the right side of his nose. The bleeding stopped after 2 minutes, but I noticed that the nose contains a few drops of blood. I took him to the ER and had an x-ray. But, my doctor advised us to go home and have a review after a wee...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the x-ray that you shared (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I cannot make out any nasal bone fracture. The bleeding is due to injury to the nose. If there is no active bleeding and no fracture detectable in the x-ray, then we manage the same conser...  Read Full »

I get whistling sound while breathing. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a graft on my nasal septum, due to a large ulceration on the left wall if it. Tissue was taken from one of my turbinates and stitched onto my septum. But, I know that I have a splint sutured into my nose. This is the problem. They whistle when I breathe and one of the stitc...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details you have given, I understand a graft taken from nasal turbinate has been placed onto nasal septum to cover ulceration. Also post-operatively to prevent bleeding and to keep the graft over the desired area a splint has been placed. We usually retain spl...  Read Full »

How is a nose bone injury treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My nephew is 3 and a half years old. He fell from the bed and hurt his nose around 7 or 8 months back. Now, as the doctors have said, his bone there is moving in the wrong direction, that is towards inside. What is the best course of action for him? Should he go under the knife? I am ple...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

I noticed slight nose bleed a day after fall. Should I get it checked?

Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I was walking and tripped, resulting in a facial injury from concrete. The point of impact was my nose, and aside from several cuts, I am unsure if it is broken. It is not crooked at all and did not even bleed when the incident occurred. But it is quite swollen and hurts to touch...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sustained some bruise and possibly internal injury over the bony dorsum of the nose. This is the area of nasal bones, their suturing with each other and their junction with the frontal bone (forehead bone). If you were to come to me, I would check for crep...  Read Full »