Nasal Speech

After puberty, I feel hard to speak in a normal tone. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my voice. As a kid, I had a raspy voice the entire time until puberty. After I hit puberty, I do not think my parents noticed anything, but people have said I sound like Kermit the frog or that I need to stop mumbling. The problem I have is that I have to try qu...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your nose is blocked then you may have nasal polyps or some nasopharyngeal mass like adenoid or may have deviated nasal septum. For that, an endoscopy or CT scan is required. It may alter the voice. After ruling out these possibilities, you can consult a speec...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the benefits of breathing through the nose and mouth.

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the benefits of breathing through the mouth and breathing through the nose. Is one better for the body than the other? Does it depend on activity that is, exercise?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nose is considered as the primary organ for breathing. It warms, cleans and humidifies the inspired air and cools and removes water from the expired. It also adds quality to the speech production. During exercise, the function of the nose is bypassed. It is important for ...  Read Full »