Q. I experience nausea while thinking about food. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am 31-year-old with 167 cms in height and weight 51 kg. I want to gain weight. But the problem is I feel nausea in thinking about the food. Suggest me something.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology

I understand your feelings about less weight. First, you need to see that, whether you have hungry, interest in food, proper digestion, proper excretion of stool at mornings, and your hereditary. I think you have hunger, but interest in food, which leads to nausea while thinking about food. Kindly follow the following advice or therapy.

a) Bilvadi lehyam 500 gm. Take 5 gm in morning lunchtime, the evening before food. Consume little hot water. This will improve the taste in food. Also, reduce nauseating sensation.

b) Daily drink zinger and milk will improve appetite and digestion.

c) Try to use pickle is the best way to avoid nausea (lemon and mango are good).

If you have a peptic ulcer, do not use zinger milk and pickle. You can try only the first drug. Please continue treatment for at least six months.

To improve body weight, the following are useful.

a) You can eat one ice cream daily after lunch.

b) Shatavari gritham (5 gm morning and 5 gm at evening before food) for six months.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

I have poor digestion, bad appetite, and feel nauseous. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, and I am 155 cm tall and weigh 36 kg. I feel that my digestion is very slow from the past 13 years. I am often constipated, and my appetite is bad. I feel nauseous, burp a lot, and find it hard to digest sweet. I tried taking Rabeprazole and enzymes for this pr...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes of anorexia, heartburn, and dyspepsia are as follows: Eating spicy and fried junk foods.  Excessive smoking and drinking habits. Anxiety. Taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or Aspirin excessively. Consuming cold drinks.  Sometime...  Read Full

6 Ways in Which Ginger Is Good For Your Health

Article Overview: We all add this lovely ingredient in our house daily may be while making adrak ki chai or while tempering our vegetables. It indeed gives a very pleasant aroma when added in teas and is loved but all. Do you know the lovely health benefits of this magical ingredient? Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following are six ways in which ginger is good for your health Prevents Nausea Have you ever faced nausea-like symptoms especially when you sleep late due to some work assignment and get up early the next day and to rush to work? You can get rid of this symptom by mixing half an inch ginger and ...  Read Article

How to get rid of gas trouble?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am working as a software professional. I have a gas problem since 20 days. I have this problem since two years but, I recovered well after every episode.  I have a severe burning sensation in the chest and flatulence. How can I get rid of this problem perm...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kunal Das

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a long standing gas problem. I suggest the following: Avoid milk, tea, coffee, citrus fruits and juices, amla (gooseberry), tamarind, fatty foods, rajma, chole, and cauliflower. Take Tablet Unizyme and PPI (proton pump inhibitor). Also take cap...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now