Q. I experience nausea while thinking about food. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am 31-year-old with 167 cms in height and weight 51 kg. I want to gain weight. But the problem is I feel nausea in thinking about the food. Suggest me something.

#

I understand your feelings about less weight. First, you need to see that, whether you have hungry, interest in food, proper digestion, proper excretion of stool at mornings, and your hereditary. I think you have hunger, but interest in food, which leads to nausea while thinking about food. Kindly follow the following advice or therapy.

a) Bilvadi lehyam 500 gm. Take 5 gm in morning lunchtime, the evening before food. Consume little hot water. This will improve the taste in food. Also, reduce nauseating sensation.

b) Daily drink zinger and milk will improve appetite and digestion.

c) Try to use pickle is the best way to avoid nausea (lemon and mango are good).

If you have a peptic ulcer, do not use zinger milk and pickle. You can try only the first drug. Please continue treatment for at least six months.

To improve body weight, the following are useful.

a) You can eat one ice cream daily after lunch.

b) Shatavari gritham (5 gm morning and 5 gm at evening before food) for six months.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

|