Q. I have nausea and vomiting every day because of acidity. Please help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a problem of acidity. It feels like a condition when a woman is going through morning sickness. I am 21 and single, but every morning I feel nausea and cannot eat anything until I throw up. Any slight stress, excitement, or sadness increases acidity that I am not able to eat anything unless I puke. I have a history of H.pylori but it has been treated with the triple line therapy, but since then I have this problem of acid reflux, and especially then when do not get sufficient sleep. Because of that, I have lost 9 pounds. I try my best to get sufficient sleep but eight hours seems not enough for me. This whole thing started since I had H.pylori. Although it was treated, these kinds of symptoms have developed since then and are very irritating. Please help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

The root cause for your acidity is stress and please concentrate on the causative factor of stress.

If you come to know what is the causative factor, then try to plan how to face or avoid in a non-stressful way. If you are facing problems please consult your neuropsychiatrist. He will guide you how to face it.

You also need cognitive behavioral therapy also. Avoid spicy food and caffeinated drinks. Avoid high spicy non-vegetarian food. Eat more fruits and green leafy vegetables. Eat dry fruits and nuts. Use tablet Nexpro-L (Esomeprazole and Levosulpiride) in the morning before breakfast. Use syrup Sucral (Sucralfate) two teaspoons thrice a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|