Q. I have nausea and burning pain in abdomen. Please provide advise.

Published on Jul 09, 2018

I am a female, 45 kg, 5 feet one inch. I have nausea, slight pain and burning sensation in upper left abdomen, and discomfort on the left side of the abdomen. I am currently on Dolgina, Librax, Calbo.

Hematology Pathology
#

The burning pain and nausea with pain are suggestive of viral gastritis or small ulcer. Acidity or acid reflux from that can lead to nausea by irritation of posterior pharynx.

I suggest taking Rabeprazole 20 mg OD for a week. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Avoid gastric irritants like:

1. Excess spicy foods.
  2. Excess tea, coffee.
  3. Smoking.
  4. Stress.

Cooked oatmeal helps in soothing the stomach. Probiotic tablet also can be prescribed if needed.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

What is the remedy for gas trouble, stomach bloating and loose stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year-old woman with symptoms of gas, major stomach bloating and loose stools for the past three days. I started to take Azee 500 two days ago because that is what I had at home but it has not resolved yet. Please help me.  Read Full »

I am throwing up since morning. What could be causing this?

Query: Hello doctor, I started throwing up this morning and it has been continuous throughout the day accompanied by stomach ache and diarrhea. I am pretty sure I just ate something bad but I called into work and they said I need a doctor's note to return back to work and I could use an online doctor for ...  Read Full »

How can I reduce chest and abdominal pain due to stomach ulcer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male. I have chest pain, abdominal pain from the last two months. Recently, I visited a gastroenterologist. He tested endoscopy, RUT and vitamin D. I have a small ulcer in the stomach, RUT test is also positive because of H.Pylori bacterial infection and vitamin D is be...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now