Q. I was wearing belt during nerve conduction test. What will be the effect?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 18, 2021

I have a doubt. Three days before nerve conduction test has been done. During that time I was wearing metals, steel belt and silver ring on my body. So, I am afraid that if any side effects may occur from those things. Please explain.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Wearing metals like silver rings, gold rings, steel belts are a normal part of our life and do not affect in any way when nerve conduction studies completed.
  • In fact, the nerve conduction is for nerve only and the ornaments that you are wearing have nothing to do with the test and its results.
  • In my view, you can set down your worries as it is not going to affect you negatively in any sense.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|