Neurological Emergency

What causes right side paralysis with high blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is suffering from right side paralysis. The patient is unable to speak and communicate. Also, the BP level is too high. What is your advise?  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your right side paralysis, communication difficulty along with high blood pressure, I strongly believe that you have developed brain infarction following a cerebrovascular accident. In view of this, please do the following test. CT scan, ECG and chest x-ray...  Read Full »

I have increased urge for urination nowadays. What to do?

Query: From few days the urge for urinate is increasing and with that flow of urine also. I got my urine tested and in the report everything is normal my doctor prescribe me some antibiotics and a few other tablets. After taking medicines that frequent urination became low in no but i have to go for urinat...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Obviously all tests were done and you were treated properly. Of course one could repeat the test for bacteria in your urine. However, I think you are rather suffering from a over-active bladder, a neurological issue, but not dangerous. Two things are important. One is that you should drink 2...  Read Full »

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »