Neurological Emergency

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »

What is your advise for a patient with right side paralysis and communication problem?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is suffering from right side paralysis. The patient is unable to speak and communicate. Also, the BP level is too high. What is your advise?  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your right side paralysis, communication difficulty along with high blood pressure, I strongly believe that you have developed brain infarction following a cerebrovascular accident. In view of this, please do the following test. CT scan, ECG and chest x-ray...  Read Full »