Q. My urge for urination increases day by day. How to manage it?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

From few days the urge for urinate is increasing and with that flow of urine also. I got my urine tested and in the report everything is normal my doctor prescribe me some antibiotics and a few other tablets. After taking medicines that frequent urination became low in no but i have to go for urinate every hour is it normal

#

Obviously all tests were done and you were treated properly. Of course one could repeat the test for bacteria in your urine. However, I think you are rather suffering from a over-active bladder, a neurological issue, but not dangerous. Two things are important. One is that you should drink 2-3 liters of liquids a day and to pee immediately when you feel the urge to do so.

To ensure that I will prescribe you diapers for adults (please take that seriously) in the strongest version. As soon as you feel the urge, pee immediately without even giving a second thought about it. Change the diapers at least every 8 hours, and don’t be ashamed. This treatment protocol is not uncommon but nobody likes to talk about it. Get well soon!

urine control issue

Repeat urine test for bacterial infection.

infection

Over-active bladder

Wearing adult diapers (e.g. Romsons Dignity Premium Adult Diapers or a similarly strong absorbing product) 24h a day for at least one year. Change them every 8 hours and keep your skin under the diapers creamed and in good shape. Pee immediately when you feel the urge to do so wherever you are and whatever you’re doing at that moment. Should the treatment start to have an effect after a couple of months, wear the diapers at least for one year nevertheless. Experience teaches us that it would even be better to wear them for three to five years so that your nervous system can learn to no being over-active in regards to your bladder again.

Good skin care under the diapers.

Any time you want, I’m here for you.

|