Neurotransmitters

Is there a medicine to improve memory power?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from memory problems. I cannot remember even small things like the groceries that mom told me to buy. After reaching the shop, I do not remember anything. Please give me a suggestion to improve my concentration and memory power. I am 19 years old. I think too much about ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are just 19, I would prefer not to advise you any medicines for this. As a matter of fact, there is no medicine that actually works to improve memory of otherwise healthy individual. The anxiety, depression, constantly thinking about something which you are not...  Read Full »

I feel like somebody else is there within me and cannot concentrate on my studies. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I feel like somebody else is there within me. I am feeling like this because some words are coming in mind like somebody is saying within me. These words are horrible and hurt me a lot. And things are being done which I do not want to do in mind without my control. Time after time, prob...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be having hallucinations (auditory) which happen due to imbalance in your brain neurotransmitters. It is a good thing that you can understand at an early stage that this is not normal, first treatment gives better results. I would suggest meeting a psychiat...  Read Full »

Is there any way to determine damage to neurotransmitters after a stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is hypothetical. If one has suffered brain edema as a result of a stroke, is there any way to determine whether or not the transmitters or neurotransmitters in the brain have sustained any type of damage? Is there any test available that can ascertain this information?   Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If someone has brain edema secondary to brain injury, there is definitely a disturbance in the neurotransmitters in the brain. The only way to identify this is by a procedure called microdialysis wherein a probe is inserted into the area of the brain under consideration a...  Read Full »

Diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Could you please answer a few questions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research regarding diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Please answer a few questions of mine. What routine medical examinations apart from MMSE and history would you conduct? By this I mean standard routine blood investigations plus other investigations. What clini...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your queries and shall answer accordingly. Keep in mind that standard procedures for management may differ in different countries. Answers for your questions: In blood investigations we usually go for complete blood count (CBC), liver function tests (LFT)...  Read Full »