Night Cramps

Kindly mention my ideal weight at 27 weeks of pregnancy.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 weeks pregnant. Anomaly scan, double marker and 3D scan are done and perfect. Tetanus vaccine was done. Any test or vaccine required during 24 to 28 weeks duration as I will be out of station and will return after 15 days? I will enter in 29 weeks by the time I visit the doctor. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Roli Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly get the following investigations done. GCT (glucose tolerance test) 2 hours after 75 g glucose, Hb (hemoglobin) and urine routine and microscopy. Get your blood pressure and wei...  Read Full »

Why do I have radiating lower back pain during sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 54 years old. My weight is 145 lbs and height is 5'7". Almost every night I am getting severe pain in my right hip and groin. The pain is sharp and burning. It radiates down to my right leg. However, it completely dissipates after about 15 minutes of walking around. Always the pain o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query completely. I do not think this pain is due to appendicitis or ureteric stone. They will cause severe pain and does not relieve by walking. You are taking Forte for osteoporosis which does not cause you this problem. It may be due to cramps, whi...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for nocturnal leg cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old female. I weigh 160 lbs. I have hypothyroidism and take medication daily. Generally, I have severe leg cramps at night in my calves, traveling stinging cramps to the bottom of my feet and toes. What is causing this?  Read Full »

Dr. Senduran N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The causes for these kinds of muscular cramps are not quite clear. It is believed to be associated with chemical imbalance within the muscle cells. Some of the conditions causing these cramps are: Overstretching of muscles (like exercises without proper warmup). ...  Read Full »