Nitrazepam

Why do I fear so many things?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old male. My health is good since my childhood. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke or drink alcohol. I have completed my PhD in plant biotechnology. My mother died when I was 10 due to heart problems. My father died a year back and he was healthy except minor hyperten...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your detailed history. Your primary complaints are of multiple phobias, including agoraphobia. It is quite evident from other details that you are physically healthy and the problems are of psychological origin. Now, coming to your medicine history...  Read Full »

How long does it take for Desvenlafaxine to be effective?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 years old male. I had low mood with anxiety problem around two years back. I was on Desvenlafaxine 50 mg ER tablet prescribed by GP. I took it for around eight months and felt better. Then I consulted my psychiatrist and told that I have only anxiety. So, he prescribed Clonazepa...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Desvenlafaxine is a good antidepressant and anti-anxiety drug. The drug should be continued for long time to see its full effects. Drugs like Benzodiazepines (Clonazepam, Alprazolam or Nitrazepam) can help to control anxiety symptoms i...  Read Full »

How long can Benzodiazepines be detected in the urine?

Query: Hi doctor, How long will a Benzodiazepine that is Valium and Nitrazepam remain detectable through urinalysis? The drug has not been used so long, may be of seven to eight days. What is the best method of detoxification?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration for the urine toxicology screen being positive depends upon the type of Benzodiazepines being used. In light of the two drugs you mentioned, it may stay positive until a week or so. Regarding detox, there are two different ways of doing it and it depends upon...  Read Full »

Can Quetiapine tablet be crushed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on 200 mg Quetiapine IR for some time. Finding it after years of medication tweaking to truly keep my bipolar II symptoms in check, with no significant side effects. I ran out while traveling abroad. Though I have no means of obtaining a new prescription, I do have plenty ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me enlighten you with the concept of IR and XR medication. IR medications mean immediate release; once you take the drug, its effects come in minutes and lasts few hours only. Most of the drugs are in IR form until we need them for some specific purpose. IR medi...  Read Full »

The moment I go to bed, thoughts starts pouring without any relevance. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a patient with neuropathy and bedridden for the last eight years. I watch tv for eight to nine hours a day. I am suffering from insomnia for the last one year. The reason for sleeplessness is thoughts and thoughts. The moment I go to bed thoughts starts pouring in one by one without...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. As per details provided by you, it is probable that you may be experiencing some underlying anxiety or depressive disorder. Though the hypnotics mentioned by you relieve the anxiety and improves sleep, they do so only on a temporary basis. It is no...  Read Full »