Nuclear Medicine

Will a bowel infection get detected in a nuclear scan?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 70 year old female. My height is 165 cm (5'5") and weight is 70.3 kg (155 lbs). My current medications are Quinapril-HCTZ 20-25 mg and Diltiazem 24HR ER 120 mg. I am experiencing discomfort in the right buttock for the past one year. I had a total body nuclear scan done recently a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. Please find my observations below. The x-ray is always useful when reporting a CT scan. It provides a two-dimensional picture of the screw which is seen to be partly ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for stage 3 angiosarcoma?

Query: Hi doctor, My mum has angiosarcoma in the leg. Amputation would be the only option. But she is not a suitable candidate for surgery. Will radiotherapy help in this condition? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The usual treatment for angiosarcoma is the removal of the cancerous tumor by surgery. However, in those patients who are unfit for surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are alternatives. Radiotherapy involves the use of radiations to dissolve the tumor and chemothera...  Read Full »