Q. My fingers are numb. Should I worry?

Dr. Aida Quka

The patient is 55 years old,168cm height and weight 88kg She had severe pain in her back; she couldn't sit, stand, walk, or lie down. After a long bed rest, she was getting a bit better. After three epidural injection times, she experiences worse pain on her back, especially the left side (around lumbar area L4-L5). She continued the treatment with PRP injection and other epidural and ozone injections. This time she also got an injection on her left knee due to pain but still suffered lots of pain.

Before two weeks ago, she had severe pain between L4-L5 and L5-L6. The pain was sharp and continuous (just like needles). She also feels numbness on her fingers on her hands(not to mention Carpal tunnel syndrome on both hands) and her feet, especially on her index toe and middle toe and around(external) the knee area.

#

Hello!

Welcome to icliniq!

I understand your concern and would explain that the pain in her back is quite normal, related to L4-L5 bulging disck. For this reason, i would recommend starting treatment with Pregabalin or Gabapentine. Regarding the numbness in her fingers, I would recommend performing also a cervical spine X ray study, in order to exclude possible degenerations of the cervical vertebral column. Hope to have been helpful! I remain at your disposal in case of further questions whenever you need! Kind regards.

|