Nutrition

Will my son be short as I am short?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 9 years 1 month old. His height is 119.5 cm and weight is 25.5 kg. He is a very normal and healthy boy. My height is 5 feet 5 inches and my wife's height is 5 feet. I am worried about his height? Please explain me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight is fine and height is on the lower side. The body mass index is fine, but could be better. Height usually depends on a few things like the height of the parents genetically related, delay in height spurt and undernutrition. But...  Read Full »

Can a child's height be increased with protein powder?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will try to sort it out for you. As you told me father's height 5.7 that is 170 cm and mother's height is 5.1 that is 155 cm. According to both of your heights, which is an average height of most of the people, the target range fo...  Read Full »

Are there any special foods for common health issues in men?

Query: Hello doctor, What are all the foods men should eat every day? Kindly name them. Why they should eat it? Why men specifically should be eating those foods daily due to unique and common health issues the gender faces. i.e. men tend to be low on fiber and this packs X grams of fiber per serving. An...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Men can take: berries which are good to heart, steak prepared with lean meat to give full of protein especially for active men, dark leafy greens to get fiber and folic acid for proper functioning of metabolism. Eggs to provide lutein for boosting brain function plu...  Read Full »

Which is the best time to eat fruits?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to add raw onions, raw garlic, banana, pomegranate, dates, raisins with water, turmeric powder with water, lemon with peel etc., to my diet. Please suggest me the best time of the day to eat these.  Read Full »

Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy

Nutritionist, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many studies conducted on the properties of garlic show that eating it on an empty stomach makes it a powerful natural antibiotic. The best practice for onions consists of chopping or crushing them five to 15 minutes prior to eating them. The best time to eat fruits i...  Read Full »

Why do I have difficulty memorizing new things?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I find it difficult to memorize new things. For example, I did not remember the topics discussed in last class. I even find difficulty in explaining the movie that I watched recently. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

General Practitioner, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The function of memory by brain is an integral part of our existence. Memory is affected by various factors. Our physical health, mental health and nutrition play important roles. When it comes to nutrition, we may be eating a lot, but it often happens that we neglect th...  Read Full »

How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pneumonia is a lung infection. It is a serious problem if you do not care about it in timely. You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down. You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you h...  Read Full »

Is whole body PET scan required to check the spread of tongue cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 65 years old and in excellent health. He is a diabetic and also has BP. But, his sugar levels and BP are very much in control. He is taking oral medication for both diabetes and BP. He is taking Telvas 20 mg for BP, Gluconorm for diabetes and taking thyroid medication for hyp...  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, he did not need whole body PET scan now. Yes, the standardized uptake value (SUV) number indicates the probability of cancer as it increases, but it is not confirmative. The SUV number can be increased in case of infection, inflammatory condition and cancer. But, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest diet chart or tips to lose weight soon.

Query: Hello doctor, My weight is 81 kg and age is 18. I always try my best to lose weight but I cannot. I joined a gym today and really do not have any knowledge about nutrition. So, it is my request. Please suggest a diet chart or tips on how I can lose weight as soon as possible.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without prior knowledge of your dietary patterns, lifestyle, existing health conditions and family history, it is difficult to suggest a diet plan that is perfect for you. I will give you a set of tips. Always keep these in mind and continue your gym routine. You wil...  Read Full »

Is multigrain cereal a healthier option than the regular ones?

Query: Hi doctor,I was just wondering. I like cereal and I try to go with a healthier option that still tastes good. So I found multigrain Cheerios and I thought they would be a healthier alternative to something like Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, and other sugary cereals. I know there are healthier options l...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When it comes to the content of sugar or high fructose corn syrup or chemicals, multigrain cheerios has it in the same amount as the normal one. Another good habit to follow is to eat one grain in a meal. For example, You should not be eating rice and wheat together...  Read Full »

What can I do to make my daughter tall?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 4 years 5 months old. Her height is 100 cm tall, and weight is 15 kg. I want to know whether the height and weight are normal for that age. My height is 5 feet 7 inches and her mother is 5 feet tall. I am worried about her height. I want her to be at least 5 feet 4 inches. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing all the details. I would like to congratulate you that your child is growing quite well right now. The final height depends on many factors. Parent's height determines the genetic potential of the child by which we can have an idea of chi...  Read Full »