Oil Producing Gland

Can Fordyce spots be seen inside the cheeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have multiple small yellowish dots inside my cheeks and lips. Please tell me what are these.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I require a detailed description from your end. Your problem description is incomplete. Please mention when it started. Is there pain or burning sensation? Do you smoke or drink? Please give a little more input, so that I can help you better. Revert back with the det...  Read Full »

Can I get my acne scars permanently cured without any medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old boy with a face full of acne scars. I have it for the last two years. I have tried many home remedies but did not consult a doctor. They got cured to some extent in the last two to three months or so but have now started reappearing. I want a permanent cure wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nowadays, acne is considered physiological and a natural phenomenon rather pathological. Around 95% of the world population would have acne at some point in life.  Getting into your case, you are 20 years old, it is the active age of acne. It starts a...  Read Full »

I have painless, multiple, small, white lesions on the inner cheek. What are they?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to brush my teeth, and I freaked out. I noticed multiple small white lesions (looks like small ulcers) on the inner side of my cheeks. They are totally painless. I do not know how long I have had them because I just noticed them a few minutes. Also, my oral hygiene is very poor...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the picture you have attached to the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is clear that they are not ulcers. These are called Fordyce granules which are nothing but a collection of small oil glands present in the oral cavity. This is just ...  Read Full »

What is the real cause behind white heads and pimples?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an oily skin. For the past eight to nine years, I am having white heads and pimples. I used to get pimples on my back also. I have not taken any medication till now, but I am fed up with this. I used to think that it happens when you enter adolescence, but now I do not think tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Almost 90% of the people experience acne during their age from 15 to 30 years. It is because of the hormonal fluctuations of adolescence. However, the grade and severity differ according to the skin type and tendency. Acne is mainly driven by the effect of various bo...  Read Full »