Q. What are the tiny multiple yellowish dots inside cheek?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 23, 2019

I have multiple small yellowish dots inside my cheeks and lips. Please tell me what are these.

#

• I require a detailed description from your end. Your problem description is incomplete.
  • Please mention when it started. Is there pain or burning sensation? Do you smoke or drink?
  • Please give a little more input, so that I can help you better.

Revert back with the detailed information to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

No, these are from many years and they do not pain. They are in multiple number. I smoke occasionally. I have uploaded the photo of my cheek for your reference. It is present on lips and cheek but not visible that much.

#

Thanks for the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• There is nothing to worry about. These are called fordyce granules or spots.
  • These are actually oil producing glands found on the body surfaces.
  • They do not pose any problem. Only if itching or irritation occurs, you will have to consult a doctor. Else, it is quite normal.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|