Q. What are the best drugs to treat Omicron?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

I am in my mid-forties. I am having cold and throat infections for four to five days. I am having body pain and slight fatigue and weakness. I do not have fever now. Two days back, I had 100 F once or twice a day. I am having loose motions for two to three days. There is a slight cough. I usually get frequent colds and throat infections but this time, I tested positive for Omicron yesterday. I am enclosing my report here. I am very worried. I request you to suggest the best drugs to me.

I am taking the tablet Azithromycin 500 mg twice daily, the tablet Roxid 300 mg twice daily. For hypertension, I have been taking the tablet Telma 40 mg once daily, and for diabetes, the tablet Gluconorm 500 mg twice daily.

#

I can understand your concern.

In my opinion, you should definitely get CBC (complete blood count), CRP (C-reactive protein), D-dimer, and ferritin tests done.

We need to start the capsule Molnupiravir (anti-viral) along with current medicines.

Please let me know if you already got any blood tests done.

What about your oxygen saturation level?

My oxygen saturation level is 99 %.

I will get the advised tests done later.

I request you to prescribe the dose and duration of the capsule Molnupiravir. I also request you to send a prescription as an attached file so that I can show it to buy the drugs at a pharmacy.

#

I can understand your concern.

Sorry to say but I cannot send the prescription in chat consultation. It is not allowed.

The dose of the capsule Molnupiravir is 200 mg four capsules twice a day for five days. A bottle of 40 capsules is available, and four capsules twice daily, eight capsules in a day for five days, total of 40 capsules. Please consult a local doctor before starting this medication.

|