Q. What are the ways of getting infected with Omicron?

Dr. Pandian. P

My roommate has been infected with Omicron. Though we stay in the same house, he stays from 9 AM to 6 PM and leaves for work by the time I return home around 7 PM, due to which we do not get to see or contact each other. Also, I am not in intimate contact with him. I am vaccinated for COVID-19 as well. Can I get infected from him? What precautions do I take to avoid getting the infection? I am feeling very anxious.

Kindly help.

#

Your chances of getting infected with Omicron are less as you are not sharing things or the bathroom. Also, as you have been vaccinated for COVID-19, it will protect against the virus. Do not worry.

I hope you found this helpful.

Do revert in case of further questions.

|