Opioids

Can Oxycodone affect the fetus if taken during pregnancy?

Query: I took 15mg Oxycodone yesterday and the day before and realized I’m pregnant today. I just tested positive on a pregnancy test, I had taken opiates for pain two days ago. I see a dr after a couple of days, but I want to know if fetus will likely be ok.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Dear, Good morning. firstly congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy. I fully understand that you had to take Oxycodone for your certain problems most probably some pain etc. see it's your early pregnancy and unless you are addicted to it and don't use it on re...  Read Full »

Does my mother's MRCP report show the cause for dilated bile duct?

Query: Hello dear doctor. my mother had a issue about her abdomen.it has been 1 or maybe nearly 2 month she is felling an unusual pain in the abdomen Which is accompanied by bloating and severe intestinal gas. we saw an expert doctors.one of them said The gallbladder is oily after After seeing the result...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Dear, Great to meet you, welcome. I reviewed the history and MRCP report of your mother. Oily liver or gall bladder is not an issue.Her Biliary ducts are dilated but ther e is no obvious cause of dilatation.There is no stone or tumor in it.It may be secondary to chronic use of opium but It will n...  Read Full »

Is there any recommendations to fix arm pain after titanium reconstruction for multiple fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a compound fracture of both the radial and ulnar forearm bones that resulted in two bones sticking out of my arm, torn ligaments and muscle, and nerve damage. I had the arm reconstructed with titanium and it has been two years since then. To this day, I still have nerve pai...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and seen your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel sad that you had to undergo such a procedure and pain. Since you have chronic pain I would suggest you to use opioid analgesics like Oxycontin (Oxycodon...  Read Full »

If heroin-positive menses blood is mixed with urine, will drug test be negative?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is currently in recovery from heroin and my husband and I believe she is using it again. We check her UA's at home and mail the findings to a lab. We suspect that she is giving us her friend’s urine. However, I know that today she began her menses and the urine she gav...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ideally, both the urine and blood screens come positive. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

Can Fentanyl and Suboxone be taken together?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting a cardiac cath this morning. I am currently on Suboxone 12 mg, 6 in AM and 6 in PM. When I asked what they will be using to sedate, they said Fentanyl and Versed. I asked for Profol but got no answer. I spoke to a male nurse, not an anesthesiologist. If the Fenytal overri...  Read Full »

Dr. Balaramareddy

Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, for cardiac procedure anesthesiologist will prefer Fentanyl than Propofol because Fentanyl is opioid and it causes good pain relief and sedation and there is a high probability of heart stability and the chances of losing your breath and consciousness with Fent...  Read Full »

Can Nucynta cause negative urine and blood tests?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. I have been on Nucynta for over a year. I take Nucynta ER 50 mg BID and Nucynta IR 50 mg once a day. For the last two months, my urine tests (immunoassay and lab testing) have come back negative. Two weeks ago a blood test was done and it was also negative. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nucynta is an opioid analgesic, that has high first-pass metabolism when administered orally. It means only 32 % of orally administered dose reaches blood. After it produces its effect, 97 % gets metabolized in gastrointestine and liver and gets excreted out from body...  Read Full »

I am taking Valium. Should I enquire about alternative to opioids before undergoing a surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to undergo a laparoscopic fundoplication surgery after a week for severe GERD. For the past two months, I am taking Valium 5 mg for severe anxiety (mainly related to my health) three times daily. I am also taking Omeprazole 80 mg daily for several months. I recently came acro...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Kumar Kolla Gopalkrishna

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please convey your medical history to the anesthetist when you have a pre-anesthetic consultation. I am sure that they will be using Remifentanil infusion for the surgery. This drug is short-acting, and it does not interfere with Diazepam. I suggest you consult an anest...  Read Full »

Does opiate withdrawal cause nausea, low BP, muscle pain and urea smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old female recovering from eating disorder. My BMI is 16. I am suffering from clinical depression and GAD. I was diagnosed by a neurologist with migraines approximately two years ago, and have been on Lyrica 75 mg twice daily. Recently, I started having trouble swallowi...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is fine to stop Lyrica (Pregabalin). In my opinion, your symptoms could be related to a panic attack, probably caused by Topiramate adverse effects. Besides, as Topiramate can also cause kidney dysfunction. So, I strongly agree with your doctor on stopping it. On the...  Read Full »