Oral Submucous Fibrosis

I have white lines near the teeth on the lower lip that appears and goes by their own. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have white lines near the teeth on the lower lip which appears and goes by their own. But sometimes it hurts.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha

Community Medicine Physician, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be lichen planus. It does not go off on wiping. If it goes off on wiping, then it is candida. Your case does not support submucous fibrosis as there is no blanching. My provisional diagnosis is lichen planus.  Read Full »

Will leaving tobacco chewing cure oral fibrosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of oral fibrosis. Is it curable or not? And leaving tobacco is how much helpful?  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Oral submucous fibrosis is a common premalignant condition. Main causes are tobacco-gutkha, beetle nut. In this condition the most important thing is to stop the habit immediately. There are many treatment therapies available like steroids, vitamin therapy, an oral e...  Read Full »

How to cure ulcers and mouth stiffness developed due to pan chewing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got ulcers in my mouth due to chewing pan masala, and I have stopped eating it now. I am unable to eat spicy food and hot foods. I have developed stiffness in my inner mouth. So I am unable to open my mouth. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms and signs indicate that you have a white lesion. I need to check your cheek area and if you can send a photograph with an open mouth, focus on the cheek region so that I can precisely see and say you the current condition. It can be oral submucous fibrosis...  Read Full »

Can chewing tobacco reduce mouth opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I can barely open my mouth up to three fingers space. Is it bad or normal? I have never noticed this before, only recently I happen to see this. I chew tobacco. Is that causing it? Is it serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is very common amongst regular tobacco chewers. Tobacco, beetle nuts, etc., especially when mixed with limestone, damages the mouth walls on the sides if it is frequently placed. This frequent injury and healing process forms scar tissue of fibroblasts origi...  Read Full »