Orthopedic Boot

For heel bone fracture, shall I keep the special boot with fracture blisters?

Query: Hello doctor,I broke my heel three days ago. The specialist said it is the worst break to get. My question is, should I keep the special boot on even with the fracture blisters. It is painful as it rubs on the boot. Should I keep it on at night also?   Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plaster or a synthetic boot is designed for walking, and if you have blisters then a boot is not advisable for the reasons that you have found and that also indirectly means that you are allowed to walk but in reality, walking or lowering your leg will make the swell...  Read Full »

How is the fracture of fifth metatarsal bone treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I twisted my leg and got an x-ray done. The report showed fracture at the base of the 5th metatarsal bone. How to proceed with the treatment? Thank you in advance.  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your injury. I had looked at the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you seem to be having a pseudo-Jones fracture. Mostly, this fracture can heal without any surgical intervention. You will have to use either a walking cast or ...  Read Full »

Please advise on my foot x-ray.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a fall from a stool almost eight to nine days ago. Since then, I had a foot swelling on the right leg. As I could not get an x-ray at that point of time, it was not diagnosed. I considered it as a sprain and used some natural oil massages and scrape bandage for a while. So, the swel...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a fracture of the base of 5th metatarsal bone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not much displaced and so, it can be managed nonoperatively. You will either require a plaster cast or you can wear an Aircast boot. Apply ice packs for now two t...  Read Full »