Q. Can the new lesion in liver be due to recurrence of ovarian cancer?

Dr. Chandwadkar Ashish

I was treated for ovarian cyst which was initially diagnosed as CA ovary, but post-operation one was like CA and other was identified as a lesion. Now, in my CT PET scan, I have a lesion in the sixth segment of liver and metabolic activity in the para-aortic lymph node. Doctors are saying it is a recurrence of cancer but I want to check what kind of issue it is. Will it be really cancer recurrence?

#

According to your history and complaints, I can tell that the CT and PET scan you underwent detects exactly where the cancer cells are spreading and macro and micro-localization of the spread. Sometimes after removal of the cancerous growth, some cells which are cancerous might stay or circulate in spots undetectable at that time. Thereby, mutating the others and multiplying afterward which gets detected afterward. I recommend you to promptly start the treatment according to your doctor's advice without wasting much time as here time is precious while treating. All the best. Do not worry, you will be fine. Take care.

|