Q. Is it normal to talk to myself along with overthinking?

Dr. Vandana Patidar

I am an 18-year-old girl. I do have a habit of talking to myself about each and everything whenever I am free. I overthink a lot about any situation that what will happen if I do this, etc. It is very difficult for me to let go something, whether they are people or anything else. I think about them a lot and their behavior towards me affect me a lot. Kindly tell me how to get rid of all this, please. I will be very grateful to you.

#

There are various chemicals in our brain which make our thoughts affect our mood and regulate our behavior. Prism largely determined by our genetics and to some extent by the environment. Some hormones like thyroid also influence it. Here are a few pieces of advice from my side. Get your thyroid function test done, practice regularly breathing exercises, it will relax your mind. Eat a healthy balanced nutritious diet. Keep the time of waking up and sleeping same every day. Attend art of living classes and talking to self is not a problem. A number of people do it.

|