Q. Is it normal to talk to myself along with overthinking?

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Published on Dec 30, 2018

I am an 18-year-old girl. I do have a habit of talking to myself about each and everything whenever I am free. I overthink a lot about any situation that what will happen if I do this, etc. It is very difficult for me to let go something, whether they are people or anything else. I think about them a lot and their behavior towards me affect me a lot. Kindly tell me how to get rid of all this, please. I will be very grateful to you.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

There are various chemicals in our brain which make our thoughts affect our mood and regulate our behavior. Prism largely determined by our genetics and to some extent by the environment. Some hormones like thyroid also influence it. Here are a few pieces of advice from my side. Get your thyroid function test done, practice regularly breathing exercises, it will relax your mind. Eat a healthy balanced nutritious diet. Keep the time of waking up and sleeping same every day. Attend art of living classes and talking to self is not a problem. A number of people do it.

| 

Is it advisable to go for copper-T for hormonal imbalance and menstrual disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister was experiencing irregular periods and sometimes bleeding was heavy during the menstrual period. We consulted a gynecologist. She suggested taking pelvis scan where they observed that endometrium line became thick. They informed that it was due to hormonal imbalance. Later w...  Read Full »

Should I start taking BP medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My blood pressure generally ranges between 125/60 mmHg and 133/65 mmHg. Sometimes if I am nervous, my BP goes up to 145/80 mmHg. When I am calm, the BP usually stays at 117/60 mmHg. Should I take BP medicine like Propranolol for hypertension? I have already made cha...  Read Full »

I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg thre...  Read Full »