Parotitis

What type of food should I take to avoid parotitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have parotitis confirmed by the doctor two days back and the right side has got swollen a bit. What type of food I should take and what to avoid?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Parotitis is the medical term for when the parotid gland gets inflamed or infected. This occurs when it is dehydrated. This means their body has lost too much water, just had surgery, have a blockage in their parotid gland or duct. Put heat on the swollen area. Wet a cl...  Read Full »

I feel pain near my ear while opening mouth. Is it a serious problem?

Query: Hi doctor,I have pain in my face just next to my right ear while opening my mouth. My doctor told me that it is a parotid gland infection. Is it a serious problem? He gave Chymoral tablet. Is that right?  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have a swelling at the same place? Parotitis (inflammation of parotid gland) is associated with swelling and fever. Does pain increases while eating? Do you have jaw pain or clicking while eating? Then, it can be temporomandibular joint arthritis. Are you t...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my parotid gland?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a pain in my parotid gland for about two months. It hurts when I am eating. The first taste of my food was worst. Now, I have a constant throbbing pain throughout the day and have even more pain while eating. I was sent to an ENT who told me to massage the area of pain while drink...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It may be due to inflammation of the parotid gland or stone in the gland or a parotid abscess. After a thorough examination, we need to follow the following basic investigations to finalize the diagnosis: Ultrasonography of the parotid ...  Read Full »

How can I manage the parotid gland swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I was sick for two weeks with flu and now I have parotid gland infection (swelling) on the right side of my face which is getting bigger on the second day of antibiotics. Kindly tell me what has to be done. The ultrasound and complete blood count were checked.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your symptom details and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your reports show enlarged parotid gland with a cyst in the gland. This is due to parotitis. Usually, this kind of swelling will reduce in size with medication only. You ne...  Read Full »

Can Doxy and Flavospas cause fat loss from the body?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sexual exposure around four months ago and after that I found a swelling in my right scrotum (after scanning found benign) and consulted a urologist and told him about my exposure and he prescribed Azhithral injections but I was unable to take as it became allergic i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know some more information such as how much weight have you lost in the last four to six months, the presence of any other symptoms like fever, diarrhea, joints pain, recurrent oral or genital ulcer. Was there any ulcer over the scrotum during the swelling?...  Read Full »