Q. Can a penis pump inserted into the urethra to extract sperm cause serious damage?

Dr. Nagaraj

I am a 35-year-old male. Can you have serious damage to the inside if you use a penis pump tube to insert into the urethra to try to extract or suck out sperm? I am embarrassed to say that I have tried this, and a blood clot came out. It was long, but it did not seem like a vesicle or inner tube because when I poked the clot, it separated as a blood clot would, and not like a vesicle. I think vesicles will be stronger, and they would not separate in that way.

Could it be not a clot but scraped off the urethra or something else? Maybe some blood from before that has been lying still and clumped up? I have been bleeding a bit before. I am embarrassed even to say that I have done it, but the blood and that clot scared me.

Note: I used an electric penis pump, and it is not too powerful. But enough to bring something out.

#

I can understand your concern. As you said, you had a bleed earlier, it could be a blood clot. I cannot say firmly as I have not seen it. However, this act of inserting something into the urethra and suck out things is hazardous and is not recommended. Sperms or semen is not stored in the urethra but only comes via the urethra and will not solve your purpose of sucking out sperms or semen. The urethra is a delicate tube, and any manipulation can cause internal bleeding, and it will ultimately narrow it, and you will have difficulties in urination. If you are passing blood or discharge through the penis, kindly see your doctor address it as soon as possible to avoid future complications.

|