Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What does it mean to have a sudden notch in the external ear with increased ear pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, A strange notch appeared in both the outer ears today. The notch seems to be firm, and it is not caused by mask use. It does not appear to be subsiding. I am experiencing high pressure in my ears. My doctor said that I might have immune system issues. But, tests have not been conduc...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a dent in the middle of the outer cartilage. According to the pictures provided here, you may suffer from perichondritis, which is the infection of t...  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for external ear lobe swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, My 18-year-old brother-in-law who weighs 30 kg is bedridden since birth. He is a disabled child and he cannot do anything on his own. He cannot even talk and he only takes liquid food. He is generally healthy apart from his disability. Today, his external ear lobe suddenly swell in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to His pinna has developed perichondritis that is an infection of the ear pinna cartilage. Is the swelling painful? This swelling needs drainage from an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist. I suggest you can start him on anti-inflammatory enzymes and antibiotics n...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.