Q. What treatment can be had for external ear lobe swelling?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

My 18-year-old brother-in-law who weighs 30 kg is bedridden since birth. He is a disabled child and he cannot do anything on his own. He cannot even talk and he only takes liquid food. He is generally healthy apart from his disability. Today, his external ear lobe suddenly swell in the upper part. Kindly advise as to what can be done in this case.

#

His pinna has developed perichondritis that is an infection of the ear pinna cartilage.

Is the swelling painful?

This swelling needs drainage from an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist.

I suggest you can start him on anti-inflammatory enzymes and antibiotics now. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Meet an ENT specialist personally. Without draining, the swelling will not subside and it will cause necrosis of the cartilage.

For more information consult an ENT Otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|