Q. How can I tell whether my period is normal or not?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

How to tell if your period is normal? What are the signs that your period may not be normal like what are the hallmarks of a regular period and what does it mean if you have a short or long cycle, heavy or light flow, PMS or cramps, spotting, etc.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

A normal menstrual cycle is with a cycle length of 21 to 40 days and lasting for 3 to 4 days to a week. Any deviation from this could be because of hormonal changes, low blood count or thyroid disorder. Passage of clots, changing more than 5 to 6 pads per day, severe dysmenorrhoea, should be treated.

In case of any deviation, it is better to get checked once by your Gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done. Lifestyle modifications, deep breathing exercises, Multivitamin supplements, yoga and timely visit to your Gynecologist will help you.

|