Peritonsillar Abscess

Why does my Adam's apple hurt on touch?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male with a history of some tonsil problem. About seven years ago, I had both a peritonsillar abscess and mononucleosis around the same time. After that, I began seeing an ENT for some fatigue and for lymph nodes on my neck that were both large and painless. After a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please send me pictures of your throat and of the prescription of the surgery done before? I feel you have recurrent follicular tonsillitis, and you got peritonsillar abscess for the same reason. Chronic throat infection also causes lymph node enlargement, which ...  Read Full »

I have severe throat pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel as though I may have Streptococcus infection or tonsillitis. I have been fine healthwise. All of a sudden this morning I woke up with severe throat pain. I am Type A Streptococcus. When I had Streptococcus infection, my lymph nodes never hurt too much and they were never too swolle...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you have is URTI (upper respiratory tract infection) with odynophagia (pain on swallow). It includes GAS (group A Streptococcus) causing tonsillitis and tonsillopharyngitis. It is an infectious disease and usually a childhood disease. Recurrent strep...  Read Full »

What may be the reason for pain on the back side of roof of the mouth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have very bad pain on the back left roof of my mouth. My left top and bottom teeth, jaw and the left side of my tongue is really sore. I felt that there is a hard lump, which feels like a bone and it is excruciating to touch it. It hurts to swallow, yawn and makes my ear pop. The bump i...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and it appears as you are having, Left peritonsillar abscess. Ectopic salivary gland on palate with secondary infection. For both the above conditions you have to consult your ENT doctor (ear, nose and throat specialist) for examinatio...  Read Full »

Why is my tonsil swelling persisting for more than a month?

Query: Hi doctor, My tonsils have been swollen for almost an entire month. I have had two normal appointments for it and I am scheduled for a visit with an ENT doctor after four days. Today, my throat pain is more than it has been in the past few days and my left tonsil is significantly bigger than my righ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is obvious that your tonsil infection is not gone. Perhaps, it has been more complicated now since pain and fever is up and lymphadenopathy is shown. Retro or peritonsillar abscesses are the complications of untreated tonsillitis that may require specific treat...  Read Full »