Piperacillin

Why is there a continuous rise in temperature despite taking antibiotics?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 71 years old. He had a fever for a week, and the temperature raised up to 104 during the night along with frequent urination. Two days ago, the fever came down to 98.4 for five hours but again increased to 102.3 despite taking the same antibiotics. He is taking tablet G...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigation (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your father has sepsis, and the antibiotics are inadequate because both Gudcef (Cefpodoxime) and Monocef (Ceftriaxone) belong to the same group and have the same mechanism of acti...  Read Full »

How to treat a burn?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days ago, boiling water burnt my buttocks. I had pain only on the first day. I am using sterile gauze Silver sulfadiazine and Bacitracin antibiotic cream or spray. Today it started paining while changing the dressing. What is the level of burn? I have attached photo for your referen...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a first degree burn as you can see the eroded skin (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Systemic antibiotic is needed along with topical and daily dressing. Stop Bacitracin, as it can cause sensitization in many individuals. Continue Silver sulfadiazi...  Read Full »

How can urinary infection in an elderly woman be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My 86-year-old bedridden mother has a urinary infection. The culture and sensitivity reports are attached. Can you tell me which antibiotics to take? Also, can the low level of antibiotics prevent future infections of the urinary tract? She was having E. coli for a year and a half unt...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer these questions. Does she pass urine properly or is she on catheter? Is she in diapers? Does she have any problems in passing urine? Are there any urinary symptoms? Is she having a control and sensation of urine? Does she hav...  Read Full »