Q. Why is there a continuous rise in temperature despite taking antibiotics?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sepsis or Fever? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My father is 71 years old. He had a fever for a week, and the temperature raised up to 104 during the night along with frequent urination. Two days ago, the fever came down to 98.4 for five hours but again increased to 102.3 despite taking the same antibiotics. He is taking tablet Gudcef-CV 200 for five days and injection Monocef, twice a day for four days. His TLC was 18,000 last week. Please give your opinion.