Piriformis Syndrome

I feel pain in my left hip that travels down the leg and resembles piriformis syndrome. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am experiencing some pain in my left buttock that travels down my leg and cause a feeling of numbness and tingling in my left leg. I do not experience any pain in my lower back. It is only that after prolonged sitting, I start feeling pain in my left hip that travels down the left leg...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the doctor you consulted is right. These symptoms can be caused due to a slipped disc. To confirm this and we may need to take up an MRI of the lumbar spine. Also, the piriformis syndrome symptoms are similar, but they are not radiating in symptoms as piriformis m...  Read Full »

What makes the leg numb?

Query: Hi doctor, At random times, throughout the day while sitting, standing and lying down my left leg will start to go numb. It will start right under the buttock in the hamstring area and slowly work its way down to last from 5 to 10 minutes. Then, it goes away upon movement. This has been happening fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Numbness in your leg while sitting, usually happens due to sciatic nerve compression. It can be compressed at different levels through its way, from the lumbar spine down to the feet due to disc herniation or muscle contracture. In your case, lumbar compression or pirifo...  Read Full »