Pollution

My 12-year-old daughter is suffering from dry cough for ten days. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 12 years old. She has a dry cough since 10 days. The doctor says that it is rhinitis. Her URT is congested and getting continuous dry coughing. The prescription given is tablet Telekast, spray Nasonex, syrup Chericof and also tab Dompan SR. But, the medicines are not wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the symptoms you have stated, it looks like your child has an allergic disorder. You can continue the same medications as prescribed by your doctor. Sometimes, cough lingers for a longer time than usually expected. Avoid polluted environment, cigarette smoke (passiv...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of barium poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, My barium level shows greater than 50. I do not drink or smoke. Currently, I am on Winolap for urticaria. I need some help on this. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Barium exposure can be increased if you are in constant exposure, which can occur through pollution also. Do you work in a place where electronics are concerned or travel near factories? Have you been recently under radiological procedure like barium swallow? The above a...  Read Full »

Is watery discharge from eyes a sign of conjunctivitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have little white discharge from my eyes when I wake up. Could this be some form of conjunctivitis? If yes, what is the treatment? I have been washing my eyes with warm saline water for three days. After I wash, the eyes are normal and there is no redness during the day. The condition ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If this is a recent onset and finding, then it could be conjunctivitis. But, if you do not have other symptoms like pain, then it is likely to be pollution related. Try to change in your exposure to pollution. You may continue the saline wash. Also, Olopatadine eye drop...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling tired after inhaling gasoline in a car shop?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always been scared of gasses and other environments dangers and sometimes I just cannot stop thinking about them. So, please do not scare me more here, but could you please advice me and tell me if the danger I am thinking about is something to worry about or nothing at all. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have the answer "I think it is because I have been thinking about this over and over in my head". Generally, it is true that environmental toxicity (air pollutions or water pollutions) are increasing that directly affects our health. If you have a respiratory aller...  Read Full »

Will travelling to a place with high rates of pollution affect my lungs?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male who has just returned home from a year's trip to a country known for high rates of pollution. I am currently experiencing shortness of breath (no coughing) and excessive burping. I will try to provide you as much detail as possible. When I went, I did not have ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case all your investigations are normal then you probably have acute bronchitis or associated anxiety. In your case scenario, my suggestion would be antiallergic like Levocetirizine and Montelukast once daily. Addition of Etizolam as an antianxiety drug would hel...  Read Full »

What is the treatment plan for cough with wheezing and sneezing?

Query: Hello doctor,I got a kidney transplant done six years back. Currently, I am taking immunosuppressants Tacrolimus 1.5, Azoran 50 mg, and Wysolone 5 mg. Renal parameters are normal. Six months back, I started with a cough slowly increased to wheezing and sneezing. I took antibiotic from GP for seven ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me assure you that you are not the only one with the same history to me. There are lots and lots of my patients suffering from this. Now see, this is actually pollution induced and a lot of people are experiencing this kind of a non-resolving cough. M...  Read Full »

Dust and perfume make me cough. How can I get better?

Query: Hello doctor,Since many years, I am facing a sinusitis problem. When I catch the flu, it gets worse. This time, I caught the flu twice this month. The sinustis got worse and I visited a doctor who prescribed me with a course of Fexet, Klaricid, and Ventek. He said that I need to take Ventek for thr...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sinusitis will not get relieved by Montelukast tablet alone. We will need to evaluate you. Sinusitis can be due to various factors such as genetics, anatomy, allergy, pollution and much more. When there is chronic sinusitis, we investigate to find the cause and i...  Read Full »

I fall sick when I go out in the rain or take cold foods. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from an allergic reaction whenever I drink cold water, go out in the rain, expose myself to the cold breeze, or take a cold water bath. I get relief with cetirizine.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from vasomotor rhinitis. It is slightly different from an allergic rhinitis. To be sure we need to get more details: Does the rhinitis get triggered when you inhale dusty and polluted air? Does it worsen when you go close to flowers and pollen?...  Read Full »