Precautions After Tooth Removal

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

After wisdom tooth extraction what are the precautions to follow?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my wisdom tooth removed. So, I was wondering if I can get a guidance of the do's and dont's. Like tips regarding eating or drinking to avoid problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Tarun Gupta

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take precautions for 24 hours if the wisdom tooth has been extracted non-surgically but, if the tooth has been removed by surgical intervention with sutures placed, then take precautions until the sutures are removed. Do not take hard food. Do not open your mouth wi...  Read Full »

Can I travel two days after an extraction procedure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having two extractions in a few days and I have a three-day beach trip planned two days after the procedure. Is it safe to still go? We will walk around and swim and that is probably all. I have a temporary cover over it because they drilled a hole in the tooth to find out how fa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to be very careful for at least 24 hours after the extraction like avoiding rinsing your mouth too hard to running or jogging, eating cold and soft food, etc. Ideally, you should not be having any problem if you follow all the instructions properly 24 hours...  Read Full »