Q. Will Clomid and Ovafin help me to get pregnant after a miscarriage?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

I am a 24-year-old female. I am married for about 11 months. My weight is 77 kg and height is 5.4". I conceived in the very first month, but unfortunately, I had a miscarriage after 10 weeks and had D and C. Till then I am trying to get pregnant but having a problem in it. My gynecologist suggested me hormonal test but I could not understand its result. Please explain to me the report and help me to find out the actual reason for infertility.

According to the test report:

T3: 0.7 ng/mL.

T4: 5.2 ng/dL.

TSH: 1.0 mIU/mL.

LH: 4.8 IU/L.

FSH: 8.6 IU/L.

Prolactin: 5.6 ng/mL.

Progesterone: 1.5 ng/mL.

Testosterone: 0.2ng/mL.

My menstrual cycle is of about 31-32 days and last time I had periods within 28 days. I am using Clomid and Ovafin from the last three months in two to seven days of menstruation, but I have not conceived yet. Along, with infertility, I am suffering from vaginal farts, weight increase, facial acne, mood swings, and headache. I am very stressed. Please guide me and tell me the reason for infertility.

#

All of your test reports are normal. You are trying for pregnancy just from last seven to eight months. Kindly give yourself some time and you can get pregnant naturally. As your periods are regular, in my opinion, you do not need ovulation induction medicines like Clomid. In fact, you do not need any medicine right now. Just continue Folic acid tablets and continue trying naturally, you should get pregnant naturally.

If there was any infection after last D & C (dilation and curettage), you can get your tubes checked by HSG (hysterosalpingography) to be sure that everything is normal. You can do that test after trying naturally (without medicines) for three months.

|