Q. Is it possible to have infertility due to low progesterone levels?

Published on Jun 24, 2019

I recently took a women's health test to test my hormones. I just got my results back and my Progesterone level is extremely low where as my Estradiol level is in the normal range. I have dealt with many irregular periods since I was young and have not been able to conceive a child with my husband and now I think I know why. I was wondering if my results can be looked at by a doctor to give me anymore information on what is going on with my test results. I am only 25.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The reports are fairly normal including the hormonal profile but the progesterone levels (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If these levels are from the proliferative phase then they can be considered normal, however, if from the luteal phase, then they are definitely low. Considering that LH was 11, this test may have been done around day 10 to 14 of your cycle, was it?

In cases of progesterone deficiency, one tends to get anovulatory cycles and also shortened cycles with mid cycle bleeds and irregular shedding with often passage of clots, so if not so and if you are experiencing delayed irregular cycles then cause is likely PCOS and not progesterone per se. Also, important in any fertility evaluation is the the male fertility factor. It is important to learn if the semen analysis report of your partner is normal or not, whether the quality and quantity of his sperms are good or not, so please share his semen analysis report as well for review.

| 

HSG report shows some problem in left fallopian tube. Can I conceive naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have gone for all relevant test for checking infertility. My AMH and thyroid report are both normal. My HSG report is showing issues about the left tube. I am attaching my report kindly review and let me know if I can conceive naturally or next what should I do?  Read Full »

What prenatal vitamins can be taken for conception in low progesterone patients?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to ask about the prenatal vitamins that I can take for conception, considering the case of low progesterone level. The laboratory tests performed were progesterone 0.19 ng/ml, testosterone 1.10 ng/ml, LH 17.26 miu/ml, FSH 21.11 miu/ml, and prolactin level.  Read Full »

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howev...  Read Article