Psoas Muscle Abscess

I have pain and diarrhea after appendectomy. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My ten-year-old daughter had an appendectomy two days back. She was in horrible pain after that. They wished to send her home, but they decided to keep her in hospital since the pain could not be controlled with Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Then the following day, she had terrible diarrhea. She...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadiminty Raghuvamsi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having severe pain and diarrhea post-surgery is a point of concern. From your description, there are two possibilities. Firstly, it may be a complication from surgery that needs to be clinically examined by the operating surgeon, evaluated, and managed accordingly....  Read Full »

Is it advisable to have surgery for spinal TB?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, has been suffering from back pain for the last nine months. Nine months ago, in the first MRI, the doctor told us it is a slipped disc. We took it lightly. He had painkillers, and due to excessive use of painkiller, he had a stomach ulcer. Now, the ulcer ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the scenario well. If it was only a spinal involvement, then we could have given only medicines and weighted for improvement. But here it is both, spinal involvement and abscess also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). An abscess is a collecti...  Read Full »

Why do I get muscle weakness in hips and butt?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe weakness in the muscles of the hips and butt. But no real pain. I stopped taking Rosuvastatin, Ezetimibe, and Paroxetine but I still use Enalapril (15 mg daily) to lower my blood pressure. Blood tests for muscle rheumatism are negative. Vitamin D is 95 nmol/l and I use ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when are you having this problem? Any history of trauma, or lifting heavyweight? Any perianal senory loss or difficulty in holding urine? What symptoms do you have like difficulty in walking, climbing stairs, etc?  Read Full »