HomeAnswersPsychiatrypsychological cause for erectile dysfunctionWhy can I experience orgasms without erections?

Is it normal to get orgasm without erection?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Divya Banu M

Published At May 3, 2019
Reviewed AtOctober 6, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a 33-year-old male. Height is 5'7'' and weight 156 pounds. Yesterday while masturbating I somehow ejaculated but could not have an orgasm. Post that I became very worried as to what may have caused that. Never experienced such a thing before. Also, I have never had any erection problems in the past. I have had physical relationships as well. Now, I am having trouble getting an erection. Not sure what the problem is. I tried masturbating post that. Though I did manage to reach orgasm but could not complete erection.

I can understand your problem. This was absolutely normal. Sometimes due to distraction right at the time of ejaculation results in poor or no orgasm and this is normal. This does not show that a person is weak. Remain relaxed for this. You got an orgasm after that but had a poor erection. This occurred because you were worried and had an anticipation that you will not have a good orgasm. This worry resulted in poor erection. So stop worrying, avoid masturbation for a few days and avoid anticipating. You will get a good erection.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Psychiatry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Psychiatry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy