Radiculitis

Is my thigh numbness due to low blood circulation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have numbness in my left thigh. I have attached the region in the photograph. The red area is high in numbness and has very less sense. Only a nail or scratch can feel there. Other, green areas have mild numbness. When I sit for a long time, it worsens without pain. Sometimes, I feel th...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This either can be due to pain radiating from the spine or it can be meralgia paresthetica (pain or numbness in outer thigh due to external nerve compression). This leads to numbness over the anterolateral aspect of thigh as you have it (attachment removed to protect pa...  Read Full »

Can my back pain be due to the tethered spinal cord?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about nine months since I have had L4 hemilaminectomy, L5 foraminotomy and drilling of bone fracture at L4-L5 level. I had an MRI two months later due to severe pain. The MRI report presented inflammation and edema of the back muscles, inflammation of nerve roots, compressi...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The tethered cord is a result of fibrosis and inflammation. Your symptoms of back pain and weakened bowel and bladder movements could be explained with the tethered cord.  ...  Read Full »

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm.What could it be?

Query: Hello Doctor, Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. Tingling sensation everywhere in the whole arm. The shoulder blade hurts, underarm pit also hurts. Part of chest and cervical bulges are seen.  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from cervical disc prolapse and radiculitis that means there is involvement of some of the nerve roots that arise from your neck. What is the duration of your problem and what is your job? Your condition might need evaluation with x-ray of the cervical s...  Read Full »