iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOrthopedician and Traumatologyshoulder painI have severe pain in my right shoulder. Please suggest.

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm.What could it be?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Saseendar. S

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 16, 2014
Reviewed AtFebruary 6, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello Doctor,

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. Tingling sensation everywhere in the whole arm. The shoulder blade hurts, underarm pit also hurts. Part of chest and cervical bulges are seen.

Answered by Dr. Saseendar. S


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • You are suffering from cervical disc prolapse and radiculitis that means there is involvement of some of the nerve roots that arise from your neck.
  • What is the duration of your problem and what is your job?
  • Your condition might need evaluation with x-ray of the cervical spine followed by medications.
  • If the pain does not improve with medications you might have to be on cervical traction or use a soft cervical collar to decrease the spasm and improve the pain.
  • Kindly get back with the answers for the questions and your latest status of the pain so I could advise you medications accordingly.

Revert back to an orthopaedician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Saseendar. S
Dr. Saseendar. S

Orthopedician and Traumatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Orthopedician and Traumatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy