Q. Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. What could it be?

Dr. Saseendar S
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Hello Doctor,

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. Tingling sensation everywhere in the whole arm. The shoulder blade hurts, underarm pit also hurts. Part of chest and cervical bulges are seen.

#

• You are suffering from cervical disc prolapse and radiculitis that means there is involvement of some of the nerve roots that arise from your neck.
  • What is the duration of your problem and what is your job?
  • Your condition might need evaluation with x-ray of the cervical spine followed by medications.
  • If the pain does not improve with medications you might have to be on cervical traction or use a soft cervical collar to decrease the spasm and improve the pain.
  • Kindly get back with the answers for the questions and your latest status of the pain so I could advise you medications accordingly.

Revert back to an orthopaedician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|