Q. Can perforation in rectum be detected within five hours of anal sex?

If you perforated your rectum from anal sex, would you know within five hours? I am feeling more gas than usual.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns. In my opinion, any tear involving mucosa can be known to the individual within seconds rather than hours. I mean to say that if there is perforation of rectum you will know it within seconds and five hours are not required. The symptoms often include excruciating pain at the affected part and tearing sensation.

| 

I thought it takes days for the substance in the colon to enter the stomach. If my rectum was perforated will there be pain immediately? How long does it take for the substance from the colon to enter the stomach?

#

Welcome back to icliiniq.com.

Regarding the pain and tearing sensation it is almost immediate. At the time of perforation of rectum, we can feel the pain and that too very severe on most occasions.

Regarding the colon content reaching the stomach, it may take time in the limit of minutes to hours. The liquid secretions get access to the stomach cavity within minutes although the solid content may need some more time to reach the stomach cavity. The colon content in the stomach cavity initiates a strong reaction known as peritonitis which further complicates the situation for the patient.

| 

It has been 24 hours, is it safe to say this has not happened?

#

Passage of 24 hours is enough to control your nerves as perforation is very unlikely to remain asymptomatic for such duration. I also like to make it clear that a slight increase in gas could be the result of increased anxiety after these kinds of thoughts or due to fear of something serious.

| 

Ask a Sexologist Now