Q. Is it true that my urinary problems cannot be cured?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2021

Since the last 20 days, I am having urinary problems. My symptoms are poor urine stream, less volume of urine, the frequency of urination is more if I drink more fluids, urinary retention, pain in the area which is near the left side of the penis, and post void dribbling. My doctor told me that I have bacterial prostatitis, after doing a rectal examination and there are no bacteria in my urine culture. My KUB scan was also normal. He gave me Cefakind 500 mg and Contiflo 0.4 mg for a month. My condition improved in three days and remained fine for about ten days. But, now I have the same problem again. Through the internet, I came to know that my problem cannot be cured. Is it true that it cannot be cured? Will it affect my sex life? What should I do? Should I get any test done? Should I consider changing my doctor? Kindly tell me everything regarding my problem, as I am very worried.

#

• Before a month, how was your urinary flow? If there is a sudden decrease in the flow then get an x-ray KUB (kidney, urethra, and bladder), including the penile urethra, as kidney stone may be missed in an ultrasound. Also, share the urine analysis report.
  • I suggest you try taking tablet Tamsulosin 0.2 mg and tablet Tolterodine 2 mg at bedtime (capsule Roliflo OD 2).
  • Stop antibiotics till the urine routine microscopy is available. If pain persists, then we need to assess further.
  • I do not think you will have any sexual problem related to these symptoms, but if you have any sexual health related concerns, we can discuss it later, after the present issue is resolved.

For further queries consult  a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Sir my Urine R/m was normal but still I don't have any improvement. Urologist told me I have dyssynergia bladder based on my uroflow. Do you think I have dyssynergia bladder and is dyssynergia bladder curable? What you think my problem is?
# your Urologist is correct in saying that.

get a Urodynamic study also to see that bladder is not weak.

perform Moolbandh daily out of the Pranayam (baba Ramdev)

take Tab Roliflo OD 2 mg at bed time for 2 weeks and get back.
Sir
the Uroflow that i have sent you is not usual uroflow that i have, this kind of uroflow is very seldom ,normally my uroflow is kind of weak urinary stream with dribbling in the end and i feel incomplete bladder emptying.
Sometimes(but very few times) my urine flow is very much normal with good speed and plenty of urine and no incomplete bladder emptying
If drink plenty of water then i go to pee very frequently.
Moreover when I masturbate i feel urge to urinate so masturbation is less pleasurable.

As i was worried I counsulted another Urologist and he told me I cant have Dyssynergia bladder and it might be Overactive Bladder or Prostatitis as I dont have any neurological disorder. He even inserted a lubricated finger in my anus and said i am fine and there is no neurological problem. He has put me on Contiflo Icon 0.4mg for a month.

What are your thoughts on this thing?
Is it possible i dont have Dyssynergia bladder? Is Dyssynergia Bladder curable or is it life threatning?
What effect it wil lput on my future sex life, I am just 23 right now.
# Manoj
good that your Neurologic evaluation is normal.
sometimes young people fail to relax to pass urine.
Moolbandh:
http://ramdevyoga4all.blogspot.in/2010/07/three-useful-bandhas-locks-in-pranayama.html

this will help a lot.

Present prescription has only Tamsulosin 0.4mg.
I would suggest with a combination of Tolterodine.
eg Cap Roliflo OD 2mg at bed time.
take for 15 days and get back

|