Q. Is it true that my urinary problems cannot be cured?

Dr. Devendra
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2021

Since the last 20 days, I am having urinary problems. My symptoms are poor urine stream, less volume of urine, the frequency of urination is more if I drink more fluids, urinary retention, pain in the area which is near the left side of the penis, and post void dribbling. My doctor told me that I have bacterial prostatitis, after doing a rectal examination and there are no bacteria in my urine culture. My KUB scan was also normal. He gave me Cefakind 500 mg and Contiflo 0.4 mg for a month. My condition improved in three days and remained fine for about ten days. But, now I have the same problem again. Through the internet, I came to know that my problem cannot be cured. Is it true that it cannot be cured? Will it affect my sex life? What should I do? Should I get any test done? Should I consider changing my doctor? Kindly tell me everything regarding my problem, as I am very worried.

#

• Before a month, how was your urinary flow? If there is a sudden decrease in the flow then get an x-ray KUB (kidney, urethra, and bladder), including the penile urethra, as kidney stone may be missed in an ultrasound. Also, share the urine analysis report.
  • I suggest you try taking tablet Tamsulosin 0.2 mg and tablet Tolterodine 2 mg at bedtime (capsule Roliflo OD 2).
  • Stop antibiotics till the urine routine microscopy is available. If pain persists, then we need to assess further.
  • I do not think you will have any sexual problem related to these symptoms, but if you have any sexual health related concerns, we can discuss it later, after the present issue is resolved.

For further queries consult  a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

My urine routine and microscopic examination are normal, but still, I do not have any improvement. The urologist told me that I have dyssynergia bladder based on my uroflow. Do you think I have a dyssynergia bladder? Is dyssynergia bladder curable? What do you think my problem is?

#

Your urologist is correct in saying that. Get a urodynamic study to see whether the bladder is not weak. Perform Moolbandh daily out of the Pranayam. Take tablet Roliflo 2 mg (Tamsulosin and Tolterodine) once a day at bedtime for two weeks and get back.

The uroflow that I have sent you is not the usual uroflow that I have. This kind of uroflow is very seldom. Usually, my uroflow is a weak urinary stream with dribbling, and I feel incomplete bladder emptying. Sometimes (but very few times), my urine flow is normal with good speed, plenty of urine, and no incomplete bladder emptying. When I drink plenty of water, then I go to pee very frequently. Moreover, when I masturbate, I feel an urge to urinate, so masturbation is less pleasurable. As I was worried, I consulted another urologist who told me that I do not have dyssynergia bladder. He told me that it might be an overactive bladder or prostatitis, as I have no neurological disorder. He even inserted a lubricated finger in my anus and said I was fine and had no neurological problem. He has put me on Contiflo Icon 0.4mg for a month. What are your thoughts on this thing? Kindly suggest whether I do not have a dyssynergia bladder. Is dyssynergia bladder curable, or is it life-threatening? Will it affect my future sex life? I am just 23 years old right now.

#

Good to hear that your neurologic evaluation is normal. Sometimes young people fail to relax to pass urine. Do Moolbandh. This will help a lot. The present prescription has only Tamsulosin 0.4 mg. I would suggest a combination of Tolterodine. Take capsule Roliflo 2 mg once a day at bedtime. Take it for 15 days and get back.

|