Q. Is it true that my urinary problems cannot be cured?

Dr. Devendra

Since the last 20 days, I am having urinary problems. My symptoms are poor urine stream, less volume of urine, the frequency of urination is more if I drink more fluids, urinary retention, pain in the area which is near the left side of the penis, and post void dribbling. My doctor told me that I have bacterial prostatitis, after doing a rectal examination and there are no bacteria in my urine culture. My KUB scan was also normal. He gave me Cefakind 500 mg and Contiflo 0.4 mg for a month. My condition improved in three days and remained fine for about ten days. But, now I have the same problem again. Through the internet, I came to know that my problem cannot be cured. Is it true that it cannot be cured? Will it affect my sex life? What should I do? Should I get any test done? Should I consider changing my doctor? Kindly tell me everything regarding my problem, as I am very worried.

#

• Before a month, how was your urinary flow? If there is a sudden decrease in the flow then get an x-ray KUB (kidney, urethra, and bladder), including the penile urethra, as kidney stone may be missed in an ultrasound. Also, share the urine analysis report.
  • I suggest you try taking tablet Tamsulosin 0.2 mg and tablet Tolterodine 2 mg at bedtime (capsule Roliflo OD 2).
  • Stop antibiotics till the urine routine microscopy is available. If pain persists, then we need to assess further.
  • I do not think you will have any sexual problem related to these symptoms, but if you have any sexual health related concerns, we can discuss it later, after the present issue is resolved.

For further queries consult  a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|